BECOME A MEMBER
JOIN GMSHRM TODAY .. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE MANY BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of GMSHRM. At GMSHRM, we are proud to be a 100% chapter of SHRM! As a 100% chapter, all GMSHRM chapter members are required to be members in good standing of SHRM.
Members in Transition - GMSHRM is here to help you!
Click here for for more information on GMSHRM's policy for members in transition.
Click here for SHRM's policy for members in transition.
- If you are not a member of SHRM, please follow the link below to begin your SHRM membership application.
- Please designate Greater Miami SHRM, chapter 0038, as your local chapter when joining SHRM.
- New, first-time members can join SHRM online using this promotional code 0118 for a reduced rate of $170. That is only 46 cents a day! Go to http://www.shrm.org/join and enter the code 0118 into the promotional code space on the application.
Join SHRM National today and be on your way to becoming a GMSHRM member!
Please have your SHRM number available to complete the registration process to become a member of GMSHRM.
Membership terms are annual from January 1 through December 31 each year and are Individual Memberships.
Once you have applied for local chapter membership, your SHRM information will be verified and you will be notified by our Vice President of Membership on the status of your application. The VP of Membership will be your primary contact as you apply for membership and you can always reach him or her at email@example.com with any questions.
GMSHRM offers the following types of memberships, the qualifications for which are described below. GMSHRM thanks you for your interest in joining our chapter!
- Professional Membership shall be limited to: (b) Those individuals actively engaged in bona fide HR management (exempt level) for at least 3 years and who devote at least 50% of their time to personnel, human resources, or industrial relations functions; (b) Are certified by HR Certification Institute; (c) Are Faculty Members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in human resources management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university and have at least three years of experience at this level of teaching; or (d) Full-time consultants currently engaged in the field of HR and with at least three years experience in the field of human resources management. Professional members may vote and hold office in the Chapter. Must Provide SHRM member number!
- Associate Membership shall be limited to individuals in non-exempt human resource management positions, plus persons who do not meet the qualifications of the other classes of membership but can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Chapter a bona fide interest in human resource management and in the purposes of the Chapter. Associate members have no vote, may not hold office in the Chapter, but may serve as a member or chairperson to any committee. Must provide SHRM member number!
- Student Membership shall be limited to individuals who are actively enrolled in Human Resources Degree Programs at the college or university level and are active members of the Society for Human Resource Management. Student members may not vote and may not hold office in the GMSHRM Chapter. Student members can attend GMSHRM general meetings at a reduced fee set by the Board each year, and will be charged the regular GMSHRM member rate to attend the annual Holiday Party. Students may also attend workshops for a reduced rates. Must provide SHRM Member number!
- Honorary Membership are reserved for individuals who are deemed to be outstanding in the field of human resource management, operations or research. Elected by the Board of Governors.
- Retired Life Membership. They must be at least sixty (60) years of age, must have been professional continuous member of this Chapter for at least ten (10) years and must be retired. Elected by the Board of Governors.
- Life Membership is reserved for Professional Member who has been a Member for the past ten (10) consecutive years and who has distinguished himself/herself so as to warrant such recognition. Elected by the Board of Governors.
- Past President Life Membership. Life membership will be conferred on each Past President in appreciation of service and leadership to the Chapter.
- Special Expertise Membership is reserved for the individual whose unique expertise, credentials and experiences are determined by the Board of Governors. Special expertise members shall become members only upon invitation by the Board.
To achieve the mission of the Chapter there shall be no discrimination in individual memberships because of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected class. Membership in the Chapter is held in the individual's name, not an organization with which the member is affiliated. Membership in the Chapter is neither transferable nor assignable.