GMSHRM'S MISSION & GOALS
GMSHRM's Mission is to Provide Excellence to its Membership
The mission of GMSHRM is to establish and maintain standards of excellence for the human resource practitioner through a variety of services and activities:
- professional development through meetings, seminars, workshops and participation in regional and national conventions;
- forums for human resource practitioners to further the professionalism of the field;
- involvement in community action relating to human resources concerns; and
- active promotion and support of legislative affairs that are of mutual interest to GMSHRM and the profession in general.
Advancing the Profession Strategy
Establish GMSHRM as the recognized association for human resources expertise and leadership.
1. Market GMSHRM as human resources experts in the business community.
2. Establish partnerships with other community organizations to promote events and develop joint programs of interest to the HR community.
3. Establish a member retention and engagement strategy and campaign to yield a net 10% growth in the current year.
4. Provide programs and resources that promote diversity as a strategic component of GMSHRM's overall mission which is critical to our individual and organizational success as Human Resources professionals.
Serving the Professional Strategy
Enhance the member experience by providing innovative and relevant programming and services to our members.
1. Provide professional development opportunities to meet the needs of a diverse member population.
2. Enhance the functionality of the career center allowing our members to search jobs, articles, advice and communication regarding industry trends.
3. Develop and implement comprehensive communications programs that include online and offline media to promote and support GMSHRM through timely interactions with members and the at-large community.
GMSHRM signed the ESGR Statement of Support Program on June 21, 2011, just as SHRM had done to show its commitment by essentially agreeing to comply with the USERRA law. The program promotes employer HR policies and practices that support Guard and Reserve employees.
SHRM serves the needs of the human resource management professional by providing the most essential and comprehensive set of resources available. In addition, the Society is committed to advancing the human resource profession and the capabilities of all human resource professionals to ensure that HR is an essential and effective partner in developing and executing organizational strategy.