Glenn Rissman, Esq, Stearns Weaver Miller presents I-9 Compliance Workshop on May 17, 2011
Meet our Speaker Glenn M. Rissman, Esq., Shareholder, Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A.
Glenn Rissman, Esq. will hold an "I-9 & E-Verify - Updates and Compliance" workshop May 17, 2011. To learn more about the workshop and register for the event, please click here.
Glenn Rissman is a Shareholder in the Labor and Employment Department. Mr. Rissman's practice focuses on employment law, immigration, and accessibility. He regularly represents clients in a wide variety of matters arising under Title VII, Section 1981, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, WARN Act, FLSA, ERISA, and the Florida Civil Rights Act. Mr. Rissman also advises employers regarding hiring, termination, and discipline of employees; compliance with federal, state, and local discrimination laws and wage and hour issues; sexual harassment matters; I-9 compliance and unauthorized employment; and mass layoffs and plant closings.
Mr. Rissman also practices in the area of employment-based immigration and naturalization. He represents employers and investors seeking temporary visas and permanent residence for employees and has successfully obtained non-immigrant visas (H-1B, L-1, TN, O, P, E) for employers in industries such as retail, hospitality, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing. Mr. Rissman also counsels clients regarding I-9 compliance, audits and inspections.
Mr. Rissman also defends and advises institutions with respect to public accessibility for persons with disabilities. He has defended dozens of public accessibility lawsuits brought under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtained defense verdict for prominent retailer on national origin discrimination claim
- Obtained defense verdict for national bank on public accessibility claims arising under federal and state law
- Obtained L blanket petition for Miami-based multinational to ease the transfer of overseas managers and executives
- Obtained alien of extraordinary ability status for musicians, business people, IT personnel and a chef
- Regularly conduct in-house training on I-9 compliance, sexual harassment and other topical issues impacting the workplace
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida, 1991
- B.A., magna cum laude, Duke University,1988
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Eleventh Circuits, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2005
Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite, selected for inclusion, 2005-2006 and 2008