Greater Miami SHRM Student Scholarship - Accepting Applications
Planning to continue your education? GMSHRM is currently offering two scholarships to assist undergraduate and graduate students preparing for work in the field of Human Resource Management. Apply today!
The Greater Miami Society for Human Resource Management (GMSHRM) is Miami-Dade County’s largest organization serving human resource professionals. Established in 1953, GMSHRM is comprised of the area's most distinguished human resource professionals. GMSHRM is dedicated to supporting its members and promoting human resource communications by:
- Providing high quality, dynamic and responsive programs and services
- Serving as the area’s voice on human resource management issues
- Facilitating the development and guiding the direction of the profession
Committed to “Serving the Professional and Advancing the Profession” within the community, GMSHRM proudly sponsors the annual Greater Miami SHRM Student Scholarship Award. The scholarship is to encourage undergraduate and graduate students preparing for work in the field of Human Resource Management. There are two awards available. The winners will receive a $500.00 award (made payable to the student). Judging is based on timely submission of all required documents and the written essay. The panel of judges is comprised of three GMSHRM members who will rank each essay. The judges’ scores are combined to determine the two highest average ranking essays. The panel of judges reserves the right to reject any application that does not meet the requirements. All submissions must be postmarked by October 31, 2009. The winners will be notified by mail and will be presented with the award at GMSHRM’s November meeting.
· An undergraduate student who has completed at least two years of study and is carrying a minimum of 9 semester credit hours and a has a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; or a graduate student who is carrying a minimum of 6 semester credit hours and a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
· Majoring in Human Resources Management or related field
· A member of a SHRM student chapter, a GMSHRM member and/or a national SHRM member during the current academic year
· Essay, not to exceed one (1) page which clearly explains why you have chosen human resources as your field of study and your future goals; or why you have chosen to pursue a career as a human resources professional and how you feel the degree you are seeking will contribute to your professional goals.
· An official transcript (copies are not permissible)
· A letter of acceptance from the university for applicants who have just been accepted to a program
· Current Resume
· Two letters of reference
· Completed Application
Download your scholarship application here.