Diversity and Inclusion Workshop at Miami Dade College
Several agencies and organizations serving returning veterans were present at the event to speak and network with the HR professionals.
On May 28, 2009 GMSHRM facilitated a Diversity and Inclusion Workshop at Miami Dade College on Transitioning Returning Veterans into the Workplace. Offering 2.5 HRCI recertification credit hours, the informative event explored the Business argument for Hiring Returning Veterans, Compliance with The Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Reasonable Accommodation, available Resources to Employers and the training and employment of Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Several agencies and organizations were present at the event to speak and network with the H R professionals attending that day. This gathering of experts included:
- Patrick Murphy, M.S., Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Vet Center Team Leader, Miami Vet Center
- Lisa Chowning Garcia, Compliance Officer, US DOL Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Veronica James, M.S., Registered Mental Health Counselor, OEF/OIF Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, Miami VA Medical Center
- Raymond Moreau, Jr., Employment Coordinator, Veterans Benefits Administration
- Arden D. Dickey, State of Florida Ombudsmen Director, ESGR (Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve)
- Nelson Santiago, Phd., Public Affairs Director, FL ESGR
- Walfredo Leiva, Employer Outreach, ESGR
- Dr. Ken Marquard, Director, ACCESS Services/MDC MEED Academy
If you are interested in contacting any of the above representatives, contact GMSHRM Diversity & Inclusion Director Cindy Lau-Evans at email@example.com